II Cor 8:12 – “For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.”
I. What is Potential?
• Something that is ___possible_______________________.
• What you have the possibility to do.
• Achievement: How ____far__________________ you run.
• Potential: How far you ____could________________ run.
• God grades us based on potential – (and faithfulness)
II. __Opportunity_____________________ only knocks on the door of potential.
III. Potential is the method God uses to ___grade us____________________.
IV. Potential is the only true way to determine ___success_____________________.
The only fair way to really grade us is based on potential.
Three Factors in Potential
1. What you __have______________________. (not what you don’t have)
This is why the poor man can do just as much in God’s eyes as a rich man can.
• Potential doesn’t look at what you don’t have.
Quit looking at what you don’t have. Quit thinking and wishing for what you don’t have and use what God has given you. What do you have? Everyone has something to use for God. A lot of times we waste our time on things that we have no potential for.
Are you a gifted singer? If not then come to a realization of this truth and use your time wisely on things you are gifted and have potential for.
• Take inventory
• Don’t waste what God has given you.
2. What you ___could_________________ have.
• Books you could read.
• Education you could get.
• Training you could have.
• Time you could spend.
You have to stay at it. Continue learning, and pushing yourself to grow more and become a better tool for the Lord.
3. Your willingness to __use_____________________ what you have.
• The greatest ability is use-ability
• Your possibility are determined within you.
People will not have a problem following you if they see that you know what you are talking about.
Ex. A contractor who knows how to get the correct measurements for a roof. – The workers will listen and follow if you know what you are doing.