Here is a quick rundown of what is going on in the ministry in South Africa at the moment:
1. We are currently doing a funeral for one of the young men in the church that passed away. Lusizo Ngwendu. He was only about 16yrs old. God brought us here to give him the gospel. He was saved and baptized through the ministry of Madiba Bay Baptist Church and now he is with Jesus. We have an awesome opportunity everytime someone passes away. In the Xhosa culture the people come together for several days of prayer prior to the actual funeral. These prayer meetings are led by the church of the deceased in his family home. Many lost family and neighbors come together for preaching, singing, and prayer.
2. A young man, Jonathan Bennett, just arrived to stay with us for several weeks before he goes back to start college. We hope that God with use this time to impact him for the rest of his life.
3. We have gone through with the purchase of a building for Madiba Bay Baptist church. We should be moving into it in about 5 to 7 weeks depending on the paperwork and remodeling.
4. We are inching closer to starting the new work in Wells Estate. We are using a member’s yard to put up a structure. We have to wait for a small setback to be taken care of before we can put up the structure. Meanwhile we ask that you help us to saturate this project in prayers.
5. Quick thought from the word – Ephesians 2:4 – Sometimes we as preachers are guilty of painting an ugly picture of God. This verse tells us that even though we were wicked, disgusting sinners “…God, who is rich in mercy,…” had great love toward us. God’s mercy and love doesn’t stop there either. He did this so that in the ages (the world to come) to come He would be able to continue to show us the exceeding (beyond anything you and I can relate to) riches of His grace. That is the God of Heaven!